Top 10 reasons for sports massage therapy & remedial massage therapist Sydney
Massage offers real health benefits, so much so that some conventional hospitals are making them a standard therapy for surgery patients and others.
This interesting CNN article (From Health Magazine, March 8 2007) details many of these benefits (including some that may surprise you). Along with promoting relaxation and improving your sense of well-being, getting a massage has been shown to offer these top 10 massage therapy benefits:
- Relieve pain (from migraines, labor, fibromyalgia and even cancer)
- Boost your level of alertness and attention
- Increase your body's natural killer cells, which help your immune system to defend against illness
- Reduce stress, anxiety and depression
- Ease insomnia
- Decrease symptoms of PMS (Pre-Menstrual Syndrome)
- Lowered heart rate
- Lowered blood pressure
- Improved asthma symptoms
- Helped premature babies gain weight
Massage also has other benefits - here are another 5 ways to benefit from massage therapy Sydney:
- Stimulate the lymph system, the body's natural defense, against toxic invaders.
- Relax and soften injured and overused muscles, reducing spasms and cramping.
- Provide arthritis relief by increasing joint flexibility.
- Reduce recovery time for strenuous workouts and eliminate subsequent pains of the athlete at any level.
- Reduce post-surgery adhesions and edema and reduce and realign scar tissue after healing has occurred.
And so together that makes a top 15 list of massage benefits, there is a bonus benefit for a few of us fortunate enough to be pregnant and that is:
- Contribute to shorter labor and reduce tearing for expectant mothers.